Redaction in PDF files can be done on both text and images.
Web pages can even be printed to PDF, and then can have extraneous, unrelated items removed by using the Redaction Tool found in Adobe Acrobat and other PDF creation software.
Redacting PDF files in Adobe Acrobat 9
- Choose View > Toolbars > Redaction.
(In Adobe X, it is under Tools, Protection)
- (Optional) To set the color of redaction marks, click Redaction Properties. (Can have a 'black' box appear, or use 'white' for a different look.)
- Select the Mark For Redaction tool .
- Mark items you want to remove by doing any of the following:
- Double-click to select a word or image.
- Press Ctrl as you drag to select a line, a block of text, an object, or an area. Use this method to select areas of a page in a scanned document.
- To redact the marked items, click Apply Redactions in the Redaction toolbar.
- Click OK to remove the items. The items aren’t permanently removed from the document until you save it.