PRO HAC VICE PROCEDURES
As of July 10, 2006, pro hac vice attorneys will have the ability to file
their motion and proposed order for pro hac vice admission through their designated
local counsel and pay the required fee through Pay.gov
- Local counsel will receive from pro hac vice counsel:
- an application for pro hac vice admission
- the completed electronic
registration form (if not already registered as an E-filer)
- a proposed order, in word processing
- pro hac vice counsel's credit card number
If paying by check, local counsel will be required to pay the fee at the
clerk's office before e-filing the motion for pro hac vice with attachments
a-c as shown above
- Local counsel will prepare a motion for pro hac vice admission:
- items a-c in step 1 will be attachments to the motion.
For this purpose, the order should be converted to PDF format. Note that the
order in word processing format is to be sent to the judge by e-mail.
- If local counsel have not yet appeared on the case, they will e-file a Notice
- Local counsel will then e-file the motion for pro hac vice admission along
with the attachments shown in step 1, a-c and pay the fee.
- Local counsel will send the proposed order, in word processing format, via
e-mail to the appropriate judge for review and signature. The e-mail should
be copied to all counsel and include the case name and title in the subject
- Once the order is signed, it will be entered on the docket by the clerk's
office and pro hac vice counsel will be added to the case.
United States District Court, District of Utah. 350 South Main Street, Room 150, Salt Lake City, UT 84101. (801) 524-6100. E-mail: email@example.com