HOW TO OBTAIN COPIES OF
ON YOUR OWN BY COMPUTER:
The majority of filings are imaged and are available electronically by computer
through PACER. If you do not have a PACER account,
you may register online at http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/register.html. Or call (800) 676-6856 for registration assistance. There is a $.10 per page charge for downloading PACER case information. Documents
available via Pacer include civil case dockets back to July 1989 and criminal
case dockets back to November 1992. Most dockets include links to filed documents in PDF format.
AT THE CLERK'S OFFICE:
Here you have two options:
- Public access terminals are available at the office of the clerk. Dockets and case
documents can be printed from those terminals at a cost of $.10 a page.
- Copies of documents can be made by
clerk's office staff at a cost of $.50 a page. Requests
for large copy orders may take from 3-5 days, so please place large orders
well in advance of when you need them.
Copies of records transferred to the Federal Records Center (FRC) or National Archives may be obtained by:
- Contacting the Clerk’s Office at 801-524-6100.
- Pay $64 Record Retrieval Fee for first box of record (additional boxes $39 per box). Records will be sent from the FRC to the Clerk’s Office upon payment of the fee. The $.50 per page rate applies to copies of available documents within the record.
- Electronic copies of single or small documents in files transferred to the FRC, totaling less than 100 pages, may be available at a reduced retrieval fee of $19.90. Inquire at the Clerk’s Office for more information. Copies will be provided at a rate of $.65 per page.
- Files will be returned to the FRC upon completion of the copy request.
Copies of documents made by Clerk's Office:
- Copies are $.50 per page.
- Payment is requested in advance.
- Payment may be made by cash, check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card or American Express.
- Please make checks or money orders payable to: "Clerk, U.S. District Court"
- When paying by credit card, please contact the Clerk's Office with credit card information. Credit card information submitted by email, fax or voicemail will not be processed.
- If you wish to have the copies Federal Expressed to you, please include your Federal Express ID Number.
- To ensure a timely response, please fill out the request form with as much information as possible.
Click here to download form in PDF Format
or Word Format
Form can be mailed to:
U.S. District Court
351 S. West Temple, Room 1.100
Salt Lake City, UT 84101