UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
DISTRICT OF UTAH
- Counsel will prepare the civil summons using the court's PDF version located on the court's website at http://www.utd.uscourts.gov
Counsel will email the prepared summons to the clerk's office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summons may be emailed to the clerk's office when the complaint and cover sheet are submitted for case opening.
- The summons may be emailed to the clerk's office anytime after the complaint has been entered on the docket.
- Once the complaint has been entered on the docket, the summons will be issued electronically by the clerk's office and entered on the docket. Access to this entry will be restricted to case participants.
- Counsel will receive a NEF (Notice of Electronic Filing) with a link to the electronic summons. To access the summons will require the attorney to enter their E-filing (not PACER) login to verify their identity. The summons may then be printed to use for service.