You are here

I've got a case filed in state court that I am removing. Will this be handled any differently?


The case will be reviewed by the intake office to see whether it is eligible for a magistrate judge assignment. If it is and it is assigned to a magistrate judge, both plaintiffs and defendants will have the opportunity to privately consent or request a reassignment to a district judge. In a removal action, the process will proceed a little more quickly and the case either assigned to the magistrate judge or reassigned to a district judge early in the process.

FAQ Type: