You are here

I've got parties that I can't serve. What about them?


You may need to make some strategic decisions and either dismiss non served parties or place them in default. There may be some challenges to a default judgment entered by a magistrate judge against a non defaulting, non consenting defendant. As in the multiple defendant and multiple claim case, any party may ask the magistrate judge or the magistrate judge sua sponte may order that the clerk reassign the case to a district judge.

FAQ Type: