You are here

What if a party doesn't return the consent/request for reassignment?


Because all parties must consent, if any party fails to return a form indicating their choice, the case cannot be adjudicated by the magistrate judge. The clerk's office will send one reminder notice to the party which will appear on the docket. If there is still no response, the case will have to be reassigned, even if all other parties have consented. It will be clear from the docket which party or parties did not return the consent/request for reassignment.

FAQ Type: