Certificates of Good Standing are available through the District Court CM/ECF E-filing website found at
https://ecf.utd.uscourts.gov. The United States District Court for the District of Utah interprets "good standing" as an attorney who has fulfilled all requirements to be a member of the bar (Local Rule 83-1.1) and has no current disciplinary actions recorded. Additionally, the attorney is current with all dues required by the court. Attorneys requesting a certificate, attesting to their status, are required to pay an $19 fee.
To request a Certificate of Good Standing:
- Login into the District CM/ECF website (requesting attorney's e-filing login and password required).
- Select Civil from the menu bar.
- Select Certificate of Good Standing.
- Complete the required fields.
$19 fee paid during the event via pay.gov.
(Click here for detailed instructions)
The Clerk's Office will:
- Confirm the status of the attorney.
- Prepare the Certificate of Good Standing and affix an electronic seal.
- Email the Certificate of Good Standing to the requesting attorney.
- Prepare the Certificate of Good Standing on bonded paper embossed with the Court’s seal.
- Notify the attorney when the certificate is ready for pickup at the Clerk’s Office or mail the certificate via U.S. Postal Service.