Under DUCivR 83-1.2 and General Order 23-006, an attorney seeking to maintain active status must register online between June 1 and July 1, and pay the annual registration fee in an amount determined by the court. Please read the following before completing the online registration:
- The online registration for active attorneys will be accessible on June 1 for the coming registration cycle.
- Attorneys who practice in the District of Utah Bankruptcy Court must complete the Annual Attorney Registration. There is only one registration for the District of Utah, which includes attorneys who practice in the District of Utah Bankruptcy Court.
- The Annual Attorney Registration is completed online by logging in to the court’s CM/ECF system at https://ecf.utd.uscourts.gov.
- PACER and CM/ECF accounts must be NextGen ready and linked to register. Please review the court's NextGen CM/ECF webpage at https://www.utd.uscourts.gov/nextgen-information for more information and instructions. Or contact PACER at 1-800-676-6856 or https://www.pacer.gov/.
- For attorneys whose status is registration lapsed, please reactivate the membership and pay the reinstatement fee.
For the Annual Attorney Registration, please note the following categories:
- Active Attorneys - Register online and pay the fee between June 1 and July 1. This applies to attorneys who practice in the District of Utah, which includes attorneys who practice in the District of Utah Bankruptcy Court. For more information about how to register, please review the Active Attorney Registration instructions.
- Federal Attorneys - Register online between June 1 and July 1. To qualify as a federal attorney, an attorney must be employed by (or on special assignment for) the United States Government, its agencies, or a Federal Public Defender’s Office and be an active member in good standing of any state bar or the District of Columbia. For more information about how to register as a federal attorney, please review the Federal Attorney Registration instructions.
- Inactive Attorneys - To maintain inactive status, no registration is required. Otherwise, to reactivate bar membership, register online and pay a reactivation fee, in an amount determined by the court. For more information about how to reactivate bar membership, please review the Inactive Attorney Registration instructions.
- Registration Lapsed - To reactivate active membership, register online and pay a $75.00 reinstatement fee. For more information about how to reactivate membership, please review the Registration Lapsed instructions.
- Request to Go Inactive - To request inactive status, make the change online by between June 1 and July 1. This category is recommended for attorneys who are retiring, have retired, or who do not plan to practice in this district for an extended period of time. For more information about how to inactivate a membership, please review the Request to Go Inactive instructions.
REINSTATEMENT FEE - Active and federal attorneys, excluding inactive attorneys, who fail to register between June 1 and July 1, will be unable to electronically file documents in this court as of July 2, their status will change to registration lapsed, and their name removed from the court’s roll of active attorneys. Additionally, a reinstatement fee of $75.00 will be assessed before an attorney’s membership will be reactivated, including federal attorneys.
BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEYS - Attorneys who practice in the District of Utah Bankruptcy Court must complete the Annual Attorney Registration in the District of Utah. It may take up to 24 hours for an attorney's registration status to update on the District of Utah Attorney Directory and with the Bankruptcy Court.
PAYMENT - All payments must be paid online through Pay.gov using a major credit card or ACH/direct debit from a checking or savings account. Save a copy of the Pay.gov payment receipt to process a refund, if necessary. The Clerk’s Office no longer accepts checks, money orders, in-person payments, or hard copies of the attorney annual registration form.
CONTACT INFORMATION - Attorneys who practice in this court and inactive attorneys must maintain valid and current contact information in PACER, including mailing address, email address, and telephone number. For more information on how to update contact information in PACER, please review these instructions. Updating contact information in PACER will not notify case participants of any changes to contact information in active cases. To notify case participants of changes a Notice of Change of Address must be filed in CM/ECF.
Please contact the Clerk’s Office at 801-524-6100 with any questions.