We have tried to provide a consistent descriptive format Title (topic), Date and the name of the presenter, sometimes with a description underneath. In one instance (Naloxone) we list a presentation though we have no public video, just to remind people it happened.
Note these video files are very large and may take some time to load. Please be patient.
- UACT Workshop, 27 February 2019
Chief Judge Shelby, Judge Nuffer, Judge Pead and the UACT professional team - along with two UACT graduates and one current participant - describe UACT, its benefits, effects and the application process. (part 1) (part 2)
- Naloxone and Opioid Crisis in Utah, Jennifer Plumb, M.D., 17 May 2018 (Video not available publicly)
- Transference and Countertransference for Legal Professionals (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) David Moulton, M.D., 1 February 2018
- Detention Reduction Outreach Program (DROP), Bill Hicks, Jr. Pretrial Services Administrator, Administrative Officer of the United States Courts, 18 May 2017
Discussion of Pretrial Risk Assessment tool
- Evidence Based Practices in Reentry: What works to reduce criminal recidivism? Rob Butters, Ph.D. , 9 September 2015 (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
- Reentry Court Programs in the District of Utah, Magistrate Judges Brooke C. Wells and Paul M. Warner, 2015. (part 1) (part 2)
A look at the Reentry Court Programs utilized by the U.S. District Court in the District of Utah.
- Transition Model from Prison to Community, 14 May 2015.
Daniel Chesnut and Gordon Swensen (part 1) (part 2) (part 3)
Daniel Chesnut, Assistant regional administrator in Salt Lake County for Adult Probation and Parole and the director of the Bonneville Community Correction Center. Gordon Swenson, Director of Statewide Strategic Alliances and Initiatives, Utah State Office of Rehabilitation Services. A one-hour seminar focusing on the Transition Model Initiative.
- Evidence of Success Forum 16 September 2014.
Deborah Koetzle (part 1) (part 2)
Executive Director, Program of Doctoral Studies in Criminal Justice, John Jay Graduate Center, City University of New York.
Dr. Beth Skinner
Director of the National Reentry Resource Center, New York City. She is one of the country's leading experts on what is happening at the state level with community corrections, justice reinvestment, and reentry.
Director of Statewide Strategic Alliances and Initiatives, Utah State Office of Rehabilitation Services. A review of Utah Governor Gary Herbert's Prison Reform and Initiative; evidence-based practices and a brief description of proven successes impacting the judicial system; rentry barriers and the value of federal/state/community partnerships/collaboration in terms of reduction of recidivism; and the critical role of the court in furthering the principles of ARC.
Mark Sherman and Meriska Holt (part 1) (part 2)
Mark Sherman, Juris Doctorate, LLM, Assistant Director of the Education Division - Probation and Pretrial Services, Federal Judicial Center. Two risk assessment tools, PCRA and PTRA, the foundations and uses. An introduction and overview, with U.S. Probation
Officer, Meriksa Holt, of the actuarial risk prediction tools and a practical application and utilization of PCRA in post conviction supervision.
- UDOWD - A Working Partnership (link is external) (YouTube Video) 9 July 2014
A description of the Utah Defendant/Offender Workforce Development Program.
- ARC Diversity, Dr. Armando Solorzano, Ph.D., 2014 (part 1) (part 2)
Dr. Armando Solorzano, Ph.D., University of Utah, provides a seminar focusing on minority populations, impact of immigration, cultural divides, and historical markers that define the Latin Community in Utah.
- Understanding Transgender Issues, (part 1) (part 2)
John Mejia, Legal Director, ACLU of Utah.
Danielle Hawkes, Esq. Hawkes Family Law.
Sophia Hawes-Tingey, Chair, Transgender Inclusion Project.