Click here for instructions to:
Register for a New PACER Account
- See instructions for Registering for a PACER Account.
- On the registration page, check the box to indicate that you are a member of the CJA Panel and select the CJA Jurisdiction.
- Link your upgraded PACER exempt account to your ECF Account on or after the District of Utah Go Live date (Feb 3, 2020). See instructions for Linking PACER Account to Next Gen.
Upgrade Legacy PACER Account (for CJA Users)
- See instructions for Upgrading Your Pacer Account.
- Contact the PACER Service Center (PSC) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-676-6856 and provide the following information to the PSC:
- PACER Username
- Account number for upgraded PACER Account
- List the Western District of Utah as the court in which you are appointed to the CJA Panel.
- The PSC will send you an email with instructions on how to proceed.
- Link your upgraded PACER exempt account to your ECF Account on or after the Court’s GO LIVE date. See instructions for Linking PACER Account to NextGen.
Change PACER Exemption Status (after Feb. 1, 2020)
When viewing documents or docket sheets in a case in which you are appointed, change your PACER Exemption Status. Each time you log into NextGen ECF your status will default to Not Exempt.
- Log into NextGen ECF
- Click on Utilities
- Select Change PACER Exemption Status
- Select CJA and then Submit.
**Note that the change to exempt is only good for the current session. The status will need to be changed each time you log in acting in your CJA capacity.**
- While using the Query option you can toggle between exempt and not exempt by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page.
- For additional information view electronic learning module entitled Overview for CJA Panel Attorneys at https://pacer.uscourts.gov/help/cmecf.
- If you are appointed as a CJA attorney in another Federal Court, there are special instructions for using your PACER account in a non-NextGen court. Contact PSC by email at email@example.com or by phone at 800-676-6856.