You are here

How do I amend a Scheduling Order?


To request a change in an existing Scheduling Order, a Motion (or Stipulated Motion) to amend Scheduling Order should be filed.  Please consider whether the change will neecessarily require a new trial date.  Generally, at least five months must be allowed between the dispositive motion deadline and the trial date to allow the motions to be briefed, set, argued and decided before trial preparation begins. A motion that does not leave this amount of time will likely not be granted. 

When a motion is filed, a new Proposed Scheduling Order should simultaneously be emailed to the presiding judge, or if an Order of Referring Case case been entered, to the referred magistrate judge.

It is improper to use a combined "motion and order" to amend a scheduling order. 
For complete instructions, please visit our Civil Scheduling page.

FAQ Type: