You are here

How do I get answers to simple legal questions?


The court staff for the District of Utah cannot provide legal advice. If you need legal advice and can afford an attorney, please consider scheduling a consult with an attorney who practices in the area of law in which you need assistance. Visit to find an attorney.

If you are unable to afford an attorney, some free or low cost resources are:

  • The University of Utah’s S. J. Quinney Law College of Law provides free brief one-on-one meetings with legal volunteers to Utahns who cannot afford legal representation. Information about the services and locations is located at
  • The Access to Justice Commission has created a website to coordinate request for low and no cost legal representation. Please visit to submit a request for legal assistance.  
  • The Utah State Courts have identified free legal clinics across the state. Please visit for additional information.
FAQ Type: