You are here

What procedures do I need to follow to be sworn in as a member of the Bar of the District Court for the District of Utah if I was unable to attend the annual spring or fall joint admission ceremony for the Utah Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court?


SeeĀ attorney admissions. If you paid the active fees to the Utah State Bar, your name was placed on a motion for admission to the Court's Bar. Therefore, you do not need to obtain a sponsor provided that you are admitted to the Court's Bar within a year from the date of the joint admission ceremony. If you paid the inactive fees to the Utah State Bar, you do need to obtain a sponsor.

FAQ Type: