- Open Internet Explorer.
- On the top menu bar, click Tools, then Internet Options
- In the middle of the Internet Options window that appears, click the Delete button
You will see a window with a number of checkboxes:
- Make sure that the boxes for 'Temporary Internet files and website files' and 'Cookies and website data' are checked. The others are optional, but may be left as is.
- Click the Delete button
- You may notice your mouse icon go busy for a few moments, or see a spinning progress wheel.
- When the cursor or mouse pointer returns to normal, you have 'cleared your cache'
- Click OK to close the 'Internet Options' window.
- Open Firefox.
- On the menu bar, click on Tools, Options
- In the middle of the Options window, click 'clear your recent history'
- For Time range to clear, select Everything.
- Make sure Cache and Cookies are checked, the others are optional, but may be left as is.
- Click Clear Now
- Firefox usually clears the cache very quickly, so when no activity is apparent, click OK
- You have cleared the cache in Firefox.
Chrome, Safari, Macintosh:
You may need to check for instructions for clearing the cache on these other browsers or other OS's, but they will follow very similar procedures.