You are here


  • How do I change my PACER Exemption Status for CJA?

    When viewing doucments or docket sheets in a case in which you are appointed, you will need to change your PACER Exemption Status every time you login. 
    Go to Utilities  and then Change PACER Exemption Status.  This exempt setting is only good for this session.  The next time you login it will default to Not Exempt.

    Link to Instructions or visit

  • What do I need in order to have criminal subpoenas issued, if I'm the appointed counsel?

    You must bring a copy of the signed order, to the clerk's office, allowing issuance of subpoenas for the named witness showing on the subpoenas.

  • Do I have to supply my social security number?

    Yes. To process a voucher for payment, the Administrative Office must have your social security number (16B). The taxpayer or law firm ID number (16C) is required only if you checked "Yes" in 16A. All checks will be made out to you, not the law firm. If your firm is incorporated (16A), a 1099 will be provided to the firm, not to you.

  • Where do I claim mileage and parking expenses on the CJA voucher?

    Both mileage and parking are to be claimed as travel expenses.